- Reviewed and synthesized small cell attachment requirements for carrier in five Chicago-area cities.
- Obtained municipal rights-of-way agreement for fiber carrier client to deploy fiber in Champaign, Illinois.
- Negotiated small cell attachment agreements and represented provider obtaining municipal approvals of agreements in Vienna, Virginia and other municipalities.
- Drafted and negotiated IRU, long-term lease and collocation agreements for fiber network providers.
- Represented carriers seeking to persuade the FCC that numbering resources should only be assigned to certificated telecommunications carriers in multi-year contested proceeding.
- Represented the LNP Alliance, a coalition of 22 small-to-medium-sized carriers, in ensuring that their interests were represented in the Local Number Portability Administrator (LNPA) selection process, including ensuring the neutrality of the next LNPA.
- Negotiated interconnection and traffic exchange agreements, including agreements with every major wireless carrier and SIP-to-SIP interconnection agreements.
- Represented clients to obtain multi-state certification approvals before state public service commissions, as well as state financing and merger approvals.
- Advised clients on Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA), robocalling, and other privacy-related issues.
- Represented encrypted communications provider, identifying the extent of foreign regulation of provider’s encrypted communications services. Supervised research to support expedited rollout of services in over 20 countries worldwide, including the U.S., Europe, and Asia.
- “Why the FCC Should Extend Neustar’s Contract By Two Years,” co-authored with Dave Malfara, Bloomberg BNA, October 22, 2014.
- “Telecommunications Law,” co-presenter, National Business Institute live teleconference, December 19, 2017.
- “Small Cell Regulation at the Federal, State and Local Level,” presented at Incompas Show, San Francisco, October 17, 2017.
- “The Connect America Fund Phase II Reverse Auction,” presented at Incompas Show, San Francisco, October 15, 2017
- “The LNPA Transition: Transition Status and the Impact on the Industry,” presented at the FISPA conference, Dallas, July 2016.
- “Fundamentals of FCC Regulatory Law 101,” co-presenter at the ACI’s 2nd Annual FCC Boot Camp, San Francisco, June 27, 2016.
- “Developments in Telecommunications Competition,” co-presenter at Eckert Seamans’ Continuing Legal Education Seminar, August 2013.
- Past speaker at ALTS, COMPTEL, and Incompas conferences on a variety of competitive telecom issues.
- “Neustar Asks FCC To Force Telcordia To Show Why It Shouldn’t Be Disqualified as LNPA,” Communications Daily, June 2, 2016.
- “NAPM, Others Mount Full-Court Press for FCC Approval of Telcordia Contract,” Communications Daily, May 10, 2016.
- “Group Fears FCC May Rush Telcordia Contract OK; Neustar Seeks Ex Parte Filings,” Communications Daily, May 3, 2016.
- “LNP Alliance, OTI Urge FCC To Open Proposed Iconectiv Contract for Review,” Communications Daily, April 25, 2016.
- “Telecom Cases to Watch in The 2nd Half of 2105,” Law360, June 8, 2015.
- “FCC Unanimously OKs LNPA Contract Talks with Telcordia,” Communications Daily, March 27, 2015.
- “Telcordia’s Neutrality at Center of LNPA Deliberations,” Communications Daily, March 19, 2015.
- “Telcordia Says Concerns Can Be Dealt with After LNPA Contract Decision Is Made,” Communications Daily, August 26, 2014.
- “LNPA Neutrality Remains in Dispute,” Communications Daily, August 25, 2014.
- “Challengers Ponder 10th Circuit Rehearing Requests,” Communications Daily, May 28, 2014.
- “CLECs blast petition to open number resources to Vonage, other VoIP providers,” Fierce Enterprise Communications, June 15, 2012.
- “Courts, FCC Are Failing Telcos in Tariff Disputes, Attorneys Say,” TR Daily, October 2011.
See Jim Falvey's full profile.